Tenable in Tlokweng
Botswana Retired Nurses Society (BORNUS) is a non- profit-making Organization which provides HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Support to People Living with HIV (PLHIV) and Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) in the community.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
SOCIAL WORKER (OVC) (1) REF: SW/002/SW/2018
FOR P70 we can design and write a perfect CV for you. Cover letter for P30
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76716431. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
Main purpose of the job: To be responsible for Orphans and Vulnerable Children’s programs including youth and Grandmothers.
Reports to: The Programs Manager.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your roles and Responsibilities include to:
1. Be responsible for the day to day supervision and smooth running of all Programs under Stephen Lewis Foundation, thus; Day Care Centre, After school program, Youth Support Group and Grandmothers support group.
2. Review teachers’ weekly plans, observe and advice teachers on their teaching and interaction with pupils.
3. Participate and support the outreach activity to identify and assess the living environment of the way-ward children.
4. Establish linkages with Government and Non-Governmental organization that provides services to children to help children who face problems such as abuse and poverty.
5. Provide guidance and referral services for children with specialized needs and ascertain that appropriate service was provided.
6. Be responsible for documentation and periodic reviewing of children’s personal files.
7. Work with local primary school teachers to identify and enroll low achievers (who are from vulnerable families) in to the after school program.
8. Recruit, coordinate and support youth in all their activities and maintain their records.
9. Support and attend grandmothers’ meetings to assist them in their activities and their initiatives.
10. Assist and support grandmothers and youth in their income generating activities.
11. Write and submits reports as per the organization and the donor requirements.
12. Take active part in district-sub committees that deal with OVC issues and liaise with social community development office when the need arise.
13. Organize and run OVC workshops together with her staff (OVC staff).
14. Work closely with the Day Care Centre Head Teacher when drawing the menu for children, with the advice of the Nurse Counsellor.
15. Undertake any other duties at the exigency of the services.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree in Social Work
• At least 2 years working experience
• Conversant with Orphans and Vulnerable Children issues
• The organization offers a better remuneration package.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements must quote the vacancy Ref. No and provide typed cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified copies of certificates, Omang and a minimum of two (2) related references.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource Officer
Botswana Retired Nurses Society
P.O Box 301729
OR Hand delivered to Botswana Retired Nurses Society, Mafitlhakgosi ward, Tlokweng, Plot 5876, Next to The Dream Centre Day Care Centre.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
For more information, contact Ms Percy on the above contact.
Closing date: 18th May 2018