Investment Banking provides clients with a range of advisory and financing solutions. Specialising in high-growth emerging markets, our expert advisers work on mergers and acquisitions, capital restructurings and empowerment deals, as well as arranging finance for acquisitions, client projects and property transactions.
The Botswana market has a well-developed financial sector – an established stock exchange, an active bond market, deep liquidity and a well rated sovereign (best rated in sub Saharan Africa). These factors underpin the investment banking opportunity for the Botswana market – which is focussed in mining, power and infrastructure, non-bank financial institutions and corporates in real estate and consumer services/goods.
The vision for Investment Banking in Botswana is to achieve significant double digit growth over the next three to four years both on revenue and headline earnings. The vision is intentionally ambitious and is articulated to drive deliberate, urgent and focussed origination and execution in Botswana over the next 2-3 years.
As such, the role of the Investment Banking Head will be to drive this vision though the coordination and implementation of investment banking activities as follows:
- To articulate, own and implement the strategy for Investment Banking in Botswana.
- To coordinate and drive the daily activities for Investment Banking in Botswana with a deliberate and concerted focus on the performance of the local operations – in order to achieve the milestone objectives, set out in our Vision.
- To provide leadership in driving origination and execution on Investment Banking transactions.
- To provide leadership in managing the operational and administrative functions in Investment Banking.
- To effectively coordinate relevant resources from Product, Coverage, Risk, Legal and other Corporate Functions around all investment banking activities.
- Strategy, planning, and origination & execution of transactions
- Manage the risks in the business
- Engage with stakeholders and build relationships
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- B Degree or equivalent NQF level 6 qualification
- Masters level qualification in Finance, Economics, Engineering or related field of specialization
- More than 7 years in Investment Banking
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Investment Banking in an African CIB environment
- Expertise and experience in originating and executing on at least one investment banking product
- Financial modelling
- Product Development
- Communication Skills
- Strategic Planning and Reporting
- Financial Acumen