Job Title : : Board Secretary and Legal Services Manager
Location : : Gaborone, South-East District, Botswana
Apply before : : Tue Apr 03, 2018
Job Type : : Full-time
Experience required : : 8 years
Job category: : Legal/Company Secretarial
Accountable to the BAMB Board of Directors & the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for providing legal advice and Board Secretarial services to the Botswana Agricultural Marketing Board (BAMB).
The incumbent will be responsible for among other things, the following:
- Ensuring that the BAMB Board of Directors are aware of the fiduciary and legal responsibilities in accordance with the governing statutes.
- Overseeing BAMB’s legal compliance programs, as well as, ensuring that all company legislative obligations are met.
- Coordinating the administrative arrangements of the Board meetings and it’s sub-committees, as well as, ensuring timely distribution of Board documents.
- Inducting new Board members and determining specific training needs.
- Attending Board and sub-committee meetings and keeping accurate signed records proceedings.
- Following-up on matters arising from Board meetings and preparing updates for the next meetings.
- Overseeing the drafting of legal documents such as lease agreements, contracts between BAMB and third parties.
- Providing legal advice to the Board and Management in respect to the application, interpretation and updates of relevant legislation.
- Representing BAMB in litigation, or briefing attorneys and counsel to protect the interests and rights of BAMB.
The right candidate will hold a Bachelor of Laws Degree and possess a minimum of eight (8) years post qualification experience in a corporate environment, of which at least three (3) years should have been served as a Board Secretary. The candidate should be admitted to practice as an attorney in the Courts of Botswana and be registered with Law society of Botswana. Experience in civil litigation and debt recovery, as well as, thorough knowledge and application of Contract Law are requirements.
The right candidate must possess the following competencies, among others:
- Attention to detail (i.e. analytic and diagnostic skills)
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Proven Leadership skills.
- Ability to develop proposals and position papers
- Strong advocacy and budgeting skills
- Positive work ethics, team work and professional conduct
- Confidentiality and integrity
Apply before : Tue Apr 03, 2018