Orange invites candidates who wish to be part of a dynamic workforce to apply for the above position.
Reporting to the Senior IP Network Administrator the successful candidate will ensure smooth and efficient running of Orange IP based network related systems including PABX, WAN,LAN & MOBILE Infrastructure support. Responsible for the implementation of the security policy defined by the senior manager and ensure the proper use of Networks and IT from business departments and its protection against external threats.
The main duties include but are not limited to
- Ensure network’s security, management, monitoring, design, implementation and documentation.
- Performs applications flows opening and connection needs in Orange network.
- Participates in the resolution of security incidents.
- Ensure continuous availability of network resources.
- Diagnose and fix incidents which affect the functioning of network or Service Platform.
- Maintain and support the IP Unified Communication Systems.
- Ensure the protection of Orange network from outside threat .(e.g. cyber space)
- Ensure the real time monitoring of Orange IP network.
- Manage Orange IP and Group Internal network (GIN) (e.g. Firewall, router, switch administration)
- Contribute to network deployment (e.g. new sites (shops), network hardware)
- Maintain Orange physical network and interconnection, Orange logical network and new documentation of newly deployed Orange sites.
- Produce KPIs for network security dashboard.
- Day to day administration or Orange Botswana networks i.e. LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi/IPPABX.
- Plans, designs and implement data connectivity for local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN) and Wi-Fi.
- Implement network projects and ensure they are carried out consistently and successfully in accordance with the project’s rules and work plan.
- Schedule network maintenance changes to carry out upgrades, configurations, and redesigns and ensure continued business support.
- Firewalls, switches and routers administration.
- Systems administration Windows, Linux etc,
- Act as technical contact for Orange Botswana on issues relating to network support and services.
- Backup and restoration of all networking hardware.
- Document network changes and ensure documentation is up to date.
- Diagnose and resolve network/system related problems.
- Provide help desk support.
- Undertake any other duties as requested.
- Good knowledge of IP routing, switching and data security.
- Cisco Certification (will be an advantage).
- Hard working and reliable.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Computer Science/ Information Systems.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in ICT industry.
Closing date and application instructions
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements can submit their applications, updated CV and certified copies of their academic certificates to:
The subject window on email should only contain the title of the position being applied for.
Closing date: 25th January 2018
Kindly note, that Orange Botswana shall only correspond to short-listed candidates.