Lucara Botswana (Pty) Ltd operates the Karowe Diamond Mine at Letlhakane in the Boteti sub district, The plant was commissioned in April 2012 and has gone on to achieve exceptional performance. It is the source of some truly special diamonds.
The plant completed major upgrades that include introduction of X-Ray Transmission (XRT) technology in diamond recovery.
This is adding to the already existing innovative application of autogenous milling in diamond processing. The Company is embarking on projects, which entail enhanced large diamond recovery.
Lucara Botswana invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the following position:
Acidizing Operator – Tenable in Gaborone
Reporting to the Deep Boiling Facility Team Leader, the Acidizing Operator is responsible for cleaning diamonds and other related Deep Boiling Facility activities in order to improve the cleanliness of diamonds while adhering to diamond control guidelines, procedures and standards.
• Operational effectiveness – weighing diamonds, diamond production reconciliation and packing
• Diamond acidizing and cleaning
• Sample treatment effectiveness
• Maintenance effectiveness
• Diamond records
• Deep Boiling Facility cleaning effectiveness
• Safety, health and environmental compliance
• Attention to detail
• Concern for excellence
Qualifications and Experience
• BGCSE or ‘0’ levels or equivalent qualification.
• At least two (2) years experience in a plant operation environment, one (1) of which should be in the diamond acidizing environment.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need to curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates, clearly indicating the position applied for on the email subject line to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is September 18 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Source: Mmegi 07/09/2018