Title: Communications Coordinator
Company: Okavango Diamond Company
Reference # CommCord01
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Gaborone, South East, Botswana
Okavango Diamond Company (ODC), is a rough diamond distribution company. Based in Gaborone, ODC is looking to attract progressive, innovative and talented people who are passionate about world class delivery and joining a high calibre team. The company is looking toemploy a bright, enthusiastic and highly skilled Communications Coordinator to join ODC.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the individual will be responsible for promoting the company’s local and global reputation through effective corporate communications. The purpose of the role is to enhance levels of awareness of ODC and promote an appropriate corporate image for the company. The individual will provide input into the development and execution of the corporate communications strategy. Influencing the corporate reputation will require the unique skill of interpreting and harnessing key stakeholder relationships.
• A degree in Communications/PR/Marketing or equivalent qualification.
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Public Relations, Communications or Media Relations.
• Solid background in the design and implementation of communication and public relations strategies to support the company strategy.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of information and communication platforms and technologies and the ability to use such technologies effectively.
• Ability to understand and interpret commercial activities and functions of the business and relay them to a diverse group of stakeholders.
Job Closing Date
Fri Oct 12 2018