Tenable in Tlokweng
Botswana Retired Nurses Society (BORNUS) is a non- profit-making Organization which provides HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Support to People Living with HIV (PLHIV) and Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) in the community.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
Day Care Head Teacher (1) REF: DCHT/002/OVC/2018
Main purpose of the job: In accordance with the National Early Childhood Education and Care Policy (2001) plan, develop and implement stimulation program that is conducive to children’s development.
FOR P70 we can design and write a perfect CV for you. Cover letter for P30
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76716431. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
Accountable to: Social Worker (OVC)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your Roles and Responsibilities include to:
1. In conjunction with the Social Worker interprets policies and regulation regarding Early Child Hood Education and Care Policy.
2. Accompany the driver in picking up of children on rotational basis.
3. Be responsible for the day to day supervision of the Teachers and the Day Care Assistants to ensure the day-to-day progress at the Day Care Centre.
4. Delegate tasks to the teachers and Day Care Assistants.
5. Direct class activities that are geared towards growth and development of the children.
6. Develop your own work plan and keep different kinds of records for your class.
7. Maintain children’s attendance and progress registers.
8. Facilitates development for teaching aids and ensure that they are kept safely at all times.
9. Supervises children during class activities by encouraging them to play and work together (socializing) and ensure children’s safety in class and the surroundings.
10. Delegate cleaning of playgrounds on weekly basis.
11. Take prompt action to refer any child who gets injured and displays any abnormality during the course of the day to the Social Worker or Nurse Counselor.
12. Conduct periodic home visits for children with issues needing attention.
13. Participate in planning and arrangement of meetings and briefing of children’s parents.
14. Participate in planning and arrangement of workshops, excursions and retreats.
15. Work closely with the Social Worker when drawing the menu for children, with the advice of the Nurse Counsellor.
16. Make sure that children’s food is prepared on time.
17. Observe children while eating.
18. Prepare the overall Day Care Centre’s progress reports on monthly basis and submit to the Social Worker.
19. Undertake any other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Interested candidates shave have completed form 5 with a certificate.
• Degree in Early Childhood
• Should have worked in a managerial position
• At least 3 years work experience
• The organization offers a better remuneration package.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements must quote the vacancy Ref. No and provide typed cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified copies of certificates, Omang and a minimum of two (2) related references.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource Officer
Botswana Retired Nurses Society
P.O Box 301729
OR Hand delivered to Botswana Retired Nurses Society, Mafitlhakgosi ward, Tlokweng, Plot 5876, Next to The Dream Centre Day Care Centre.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
For more information, contact Ms Percy on the above contact.
Closing date: 18th May 2018