Overview of role
Reporting to the Executive Director: Operations, you will manage and oversee the full spectrum of WUC’s operations and services in the respective Business Centre. Key responsibilities include: water resource planning and operational planning; water and wastewater production and distribution; asset management; customer demand management; technology optimization; customer care; revenue performance and cost control; compliance and governance; people management and delivery of support services.
- Drives operational planning and implementation at the Business Centre to contribute positively to attainment of strategic goals
- Establishes management structures to drive operational excellence and timeous resolution of challenges across the Business Centre
- Monitors and tracks delivery against set targets to identify areas of negative variance and implement corrective action timeously
Water and Wastewater Service Delivery
- Accountable for effective management of allocated water resources to ensure sustainability
- Leads to implementation of strategies and policies for optimal operation and maintenance of all portable and wastewater infrastructure and assests
- Leads production and distribution of portable water to ensure compliance to wastewater treatment and disposal standards, regulations and legislation
Revenue Performance and Cost Containment
- Accountable for maximizing revenue generation and collection within the Business Centre through effective deployment of customer accounts management strategies for effective contribution on the Corporation’s profit pool
- Leads implementation of delinquent accounts recovery strategies to maximize the Corporation’s revenue streams
- Leads implementation of process improvement initiatives to optimize the cost of delivering service across the Business Centre
Customer Care and Stakeholder Management
- Champions implementation of customer experience improvement initiatives to deliver on the transformative goal of positioning customers as the heart of business
- Manages and monitors performance against customer service standards to deliver on customer expectation
- Serves as representative with external stakeholders in the area of operation in order tp build positive relationships with communities, customers and government
Requirements, Education and Experience
You will have bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Finance/Accounting.
A postgraduate degree in Business Administration or Management will be an added advantage.
At least 7 years’ experience in budgeting, management and supervision, design, operations and construction in a large industrial or utility environment is preferred along with 5 years management experience and 3 years of commercial accountability for a portfolio in a utilities environment.
Closing Date for applications: 5 July, 2019