Key Performance Areas
- Safe driving / accident free record
- Adherence to equipment operation procedures, standards and specifications
- Updated vehicles checklist
- Availability of heavy duty Vehicles
- Adherence to relevant statutory requirements (permits, speed limits etc)
Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Drives light and heavy-duty vehicles and transport materials, personnel and other equipment/machinery in accordance with acceptable road transport regulations.
- Carries out routine inspection on the crane/earth moving equipment and ensures that it is serviced in accordance with the requirements for lifting equipment.
- Keeps the vehicle and crane-mounted truck/earth moving equipment clean at all times.
- Operates crane mounted truck for loading and off-loading of materials, erecting of poles and equipment transformers in accordance with rated limits of lifting equipment and accessories
- Operates other vehicle-mounted earth moving equipment such as backhoe, trench digger, front-end loader, auger etc.
- Monitors vehicle mileage and ensures that it is serviced accordingly.
- Operates earth moving equipment for maintenance of Transmission and Distribution lines servitudes.
- Monitors vehicle permits and licenses expiry dates and ensures they are renewed as per statutory requirements.
- Perform first line maintenance of vehicles.
- Ensures compliance to SHER procedures when carrying out duties.
- Actively participates in the safety, health and environment programmes as driven by the Corporation.
UNDERTAKES ANY OTHER SUCH DUTIES RELATED AS DIRECTED BY THE SUPERVISOR
- Heavy Duty Driver’s Licence plus Special Type Drivers Licence (C & H
- Including PrDP. and certification in operation of Crane/Earth moving equipment.
- Extra Heavy Drivers licence (added advantage)
- Two (2) years’ experience in driving Heavy Duty vehicles
- Physical fitness
- Should not be colour blind
- Good eye sight
- Cooperation and compliance to instructions
- Driving under rough terrains and rainy conditions
- Working odd hours