BUSINESS SOLUTIONS TO POVERTY
Title: Hub Manager Reports to: Program Director Location: Gaborone Travel: 80% Domestic,
- TechnoServe Background:
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
- Position Description:
The Hub Manager will be responsible for managing the Tokafala Enterprise Development programme
Compliments of the New Year to all Jobs Botswana Subscribers. Get your CV and Cover letter done for P100.
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238 or EWallet to 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76981238. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
based from Gaborone covering 11 other satellite hubs around the country.
- Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify, develop, and support sustainable enterprises, primarily by establishing linkages to supply chain opportunities with corporate partners, the Government of Botswana and other strategic partners in key sectors of interest.
- Establish linkages to existing government enterprise development (ED) programs, e g. through SME referrals.
- Manage a team of business advisors who will mentor the portfolio companies. This responsibility includes supervising the mentoring activities, supervising the development of mentoring content, ensuring high mentoring quality, among others.
- Create and manage relationships with entrepreneurs, the communities, municipalities, other government ED programs, and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate technical assistance to mentorship clients.
- Facilitate and provide access to finance support and market access to SMMEs.
- Ensure adherence to branding guidelines established by the Tokafala program and partners
- Help TechnoServe to amplify results by expanding the market access of SMMEs in selected focus Value Chains (VCs)
- Help participating enterprises to achieve high levels of growth (- 50% revenue growth among microenterprises, 40% among small enterprises, and 25% among medium enterprises).
- Work to strengthen the market access of citizen-owned SMMEs – including youth enterprises – in select VCs.
- Provide customised advice to SMMEs about opportunities and introduce them to others in their value chain.
- Based on the VC opportunities and the nature of the enterprises, support clients along one of two paths of supplier development or other market access support.
- Determine the most strategic ways forward to support SMME growth in each of the select VCs. In some, like mining, the focus will be on helping SMMEs become suppliers. In others, greater opportunities may exist for SMMEs to serve markets directly.
- Facilitate annual sector events for the focus VCs. Events for VCs with supplier development potential will include Supplier Roundtables
- Invite and coach promising VC suppliers to present to buyers at Supplier Roundtables.
- Prepare and provide regular reports including progress reports on client revenues, jobs, secured market opportunities.
- Prepare and provide quarterly reports to be presented to the donors
- Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor s Degree in a Business related field, Masters in Business Administration or a relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years’ work experience in financial or business management
- Good knowledge of enterprise development
- Business plan writing and evaluation
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong skills in Value Chain analyses and implementation
- Results orientated
- JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
All interested candidates should forward their ONE document application containing cover letter, CV, salary history and certificates not later than 19 January 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.