Accountable to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be expected to provide professional information technology support services to the business.
The incumbent will be responsible for, among others, the following:
- Formulating strategies for the provision of effective information and communication technology (ICT) services.
- Determining ICT parameters to meet operational needs.
- Setting up databases and appropriate systems to ensure integrity of data generated by the system, as well as, extracting data and preparing reports for clients and management for decision making.
- Establishing various systems controls to detect any malfunctions.
- Designing a disaster recovery plan and ensure testing at regular intervals.
- Assessing user training needs and recommending, or delivering appropriate interventions.
- Resolving any technical problems encountered by users in their day to day operations, as well as, providing general support and back up in cases of operator skill deficiency.
- Preparing continuous reports detailing system updates highlighting successes, failures and challenges with recommendations for performance improvement.
The right candidate must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, or related field
- Minimum of Four (4) years post professional qualification experience in ICT, of which two (2) should have been as a Network/ Database Administrator
- Microsoft Certification plus Visual basic skills.
The right candidate must possess the following competencies;
- Strong technical abilities.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Planning, organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to build organizational capability.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent relationship building and management skills.
Apply before : Tue Jul 23, 2019