The Debswana Pension Fund (DPF) is a Botswana based defined contribution pension fund established In 1984 as aTrust through a joint initiative between. De Beers Botswana Mining Company (now Debswana). Anglo American Corporation Botswana (Pty) Ltd and De Beers Prospecting Botswana (Pcy) Ltd. Currently the Fund provides pension management services to all employees of the Debswana group of companies, namely. DPF. Debswana Diamond Company. Morupule Coal Mine, De Beers Holding Botswana. Diamond Trading Company Botswana. Peo Venture Capital and Anglo Coal. The DPF is currently the leading Pension Fund in the private sector by size and value.
The following position is vacant and suitably qualified and self-driven individuals are invited to apply:
LEGAL AND COMPLIANCE MANAGER
Compliments of the New Year to all Jobs Botswana Subscribers.
Get your CV and Cover letter done for P100.
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238 or EWallet to 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76981238. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the CEO. you wii: manage the Fund’s Legal and Compliance division and further act as the Board Secretary to the DPF Board of Trustees.
In addition to being responsive for the day-to-day management of the legal and compliance function for the organization, you will also act as the internal legal resource for Exco and Board, as well as oversee the coordination of Fund Risk management processes across divisions.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Oversees the provision of legal advice and support
- Monitors compliance to regulation and good governance practices
- Daises with service providers, external legal advisors, regulatory authorities and government
- Reviews and advises on contracts between DPF and external prowders with support of the DPF Executive Committee
- Anticipates DPF governance and compliance needs and addresses them accordingly
- Aigns governance and compliance processes and practices to support the DPF and its strategc objcctr.es
- Ensures alignment of DPF nsk management framework with regulatory nsk based compliance framework
- Reviews and approves reports and meeting materials poor to Board and committee meetings
- Takes minutes at Board and committee meetings
- Oversees all Board Communication, including compdatxjn and distribution of Board packs
- Oversees all Trustee/Board requirements and issues
- Researches and reports to internal stakeholders with up to date expert matter trends and issues on an ongoing basis
- Effective leadership and managerial skills
- Ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships (trustees, management regulator, participating employers, members etc.)
- Attention to detail, especially when wrung documents
- In-depth understanding and ability to interpret relevant Pension Legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills – ability to communicate dearly and engage strategically with external and internal stakeholders
- Strong elites and commitment to integrity
- Strong computer skills, including but not limited to MS Excel. Word. Outfook. and ERP systems
- Knowledgeable about the industry and staying abreast of latest developments
- LLB with ICSA or MBA as an added advantage
- 8 years of which 5 years should be m a management position
if you meet the above requirements please submit your application letter enclosing a detailed updated curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant certificates addressed to:
Debswana Pension Fund
Private Bag 00512
E -mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates.
Closing Date: 30th April 2018