NATIONAL FOOD TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH CENTRE
The National Food Technology Research Centre (NFTRC), a government funded Food Science and Technology Research institution based in Kanye, Botswana invites applications from qualified and experienced persons for the following positions within the Research and Development Division;
1. VACANCY No: DRD 2018/01 PRINCIPAL RESEARCH SCIENTIST (MICROBIOLOGY & BIOTECHNOLOGY) 3 YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Main purpose of the job:
As the substantive Head of Department for Microbiology and Biotechnology, the incumbent will initiate, plan, organize and lead the implementation of research and development programs and projects in Microbiology and Biotechnology; coordinate provision of laboratory testing and analytical services; coordinate resource utilization and supervise the work of several project teams; as well as plan staff development and training within the department.
FOR P70 we can design and write a perfect CV for you. Cover letter for P30
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238 or EWallet to 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76981238. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
Key Performance Areas:
• Coordination and supervision of research teams
• Capacity building and mentoring of researchers
• Preparation and management of departmental budgets.
• Initiation and implementation of research and development programs and projects
• Development of products, technologies and services.
• Effective provision of departmental services
• Transfer and commercialisation of research outputs
• Dissemination and publication of research findings
• Compliance with regulations, policies, procedures, standards and ethics
• Negotiation of partnerships for specific projects
• Representing the Centre in various technical committees in the area of expertise
• Customer Service
• Effective Communication
Education: A PhD degree in Food Microbiology or Biotechnology.
Experience: The incumbent should have a minimum of five (5) years post qualification experience in Food Microbiology or Biotechnology. A minimum of two years in a supervisory role is essential.
In addition the position requires good interpersonal and communication skills, and a record of achievement in research and development. A strong knowledge of biostatics and project management techniques is desirable. Evidence of professional networking, such as membership of a recognized professional association is essential.
Critical and analytical thinking
Assertive, decisive, influential and results focused
Strong written and verbal communication skill
Private Bag 008
Note: NFTRC will only enter into correspondence with short-listed candidates. This is a re advertisement, previous applicants should not re – apply.