Botswana investment and Trade Centre (BITC) Is the national Investment Promotion Trade Agency with the mandate of national investment Promotion. Trade and Export Development activities as well as Nation Branding as key components of the national economic diversification strategy
BITC seeks to fill the position of Personal Secretary to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) that exists at the Head office in Gaborone.
Main purpose of the Job
To provide a full range of office management and secretarial service to the Chief Operations Officer to enhance efficiency and project a positive image of the office.
Key Performance Areas
- Works with the Manager. Executive Operations to ensure availability of the COO for meetings, reviews and attends any emergency meetings he or she may be required to attend.
- Maintains the COO’S diary by making appointments whilst also ensuring that there are no clashes with the organizational calendar.
Welcomes and directs the COO’s visitors as required.
- Responds to calls within stipulated standards and ensures that all calls are returned without fail.
- Takes dictations, transcribes notes to ensure availability of reports, minutes etc.
- Processes all incoming and outgoing mall by prioritizing and ensuring that follow ups are done as and when required. Manages the COO’s office to ensure its cleanliness at all times.
Computer literacy skills – Microsoft products
- Planning and organizing
- Interpersonal skills
- Results orientation
- Communication skills
Educational qualifications and experience
Higher national diploma in secretarial studies plus four (4) years as secretary for a leadership position.
Only applicants who meet the above job requirements should submit their applications and enclose their CVs, names and contact details of two referees.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director – Shared Services
Botswana Investment and Trade Centre (BITC)
Private Bag 00445
OR email to: email@example.com
Applications should be received by Friday 15th February 2019. Only shortlisted candidates shall be responded to.