Location: River Maun Recreation Centre, Barringer Road, Mansfield, NG18 2DF
Working Hours/Pattern: 1 hour per week, Thursday 17.45 – 18.45, with the possibility of more working hours in the future
Are you a Qualified Pilates Instructor looking for extra work? Are you looking at the possibility of Self Employment? If so please apply!
As part of the Mansfield District Trust, River Maun are currently recruiting for a Part Time Pilates Instructor based at the River Maun Recreation Centre in Mansfield.
Renowned for being the first leisure centre to deliver spinning classes in Mansfield still has a large spinning following mixed in with other fitness classes such as BodyCombat, Yoga, Pilates and Dance Classes.
Key purpose of role:
To provide varied, innovative, inspiring and fun class. Pilates improves flexibility, builds core strength and develops control and endurance in the entire body, delivered safely to customers and in accordance with the Customer Intimacy Health and Fitness programme.
To instruct exercise to music classes to members and casual users
– To develop strong customer relationships that promote retention
– To screen every class before it starts to ensure that all attendees are aware of safety and effective exercises.
– To ensure the security of all equipment and return all equipment used at the end of each class
– To ensure the class area (studio or sports hall) is kept clean and tidy at the beginning and end of each class.
– To adhere to all health and safety procedures
– To liaise with and work with the Health and Fitness Team to promote increased participation in exercise to music classes by all members and casual users.
– Carry out inspection of all equipment and facilities, reporting any faults to the appropriate manager.
– Report any incidents, accidents, fire, theft, loss or damage and take action as appropriate.
– Report compliments and complaints to the Health and Fitness Manager.
– Promote the business internally and externally.
– Attend any meetings and staff training as required.
– Find appropriate cover in advance for annual leave.
– Consistently and actively apply good housekeeping principles, such as turning off lights and equipment when not in use, in order to contribute to our strategy to reduce utility consumption and carbon footprint.
– To observe any reasonable request by the centre management team or undertake any additional duties as commensurate with the post.
The Pilates Instructor should be able to demonstrate a level of experience and knowledge commensurate with the position in:
– Pilates Qualification
– Exercise to Music instruction
– Exercise to Music class planning and delivery
– Health, safety and professionalism in exercise and fitness instruction.
In line with company policy, employees will have a DBS check at an appropriate level.
If you think this could be the right role for you, or you have the right experience and skills please do apply with a copy of your CV.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. The Trust is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.