ABM University College invites suitably qualified and experienced candidates to apply for the Temporary Procurement Officer position tenable at its offices in Gaborone.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for the overall provision of efficient and effective procurement, logistics, storage and supplies of good and services within the organization.
- Implement approved policies and procedures for procuring supplies, issuance and inventory control and ensure that procurement, issuance and inventory control functions are performed in a manner that is in line with relevant policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Draft procurement, issuance and inventory control procedures.
- Contribute to divisional budgets by preparing estimates for the supplies required in ABMUC such as costs for services and office requisites to ensure optimal stock availability
- Provide advice and guidance on stock and assets disposal for redundant and obsolete stock and assets.
- Develop and implement supplier contract management plans
- Develop and maintain business relationship with suppliers as well as maintain and update list of suppliers
- Identify, mitigate and escalates procurement risks
- Ensure strict adherence to procurement plan by staff.
Candidates must have a Degree in Business Administration/ Supply chain/Procurement management or equivalent qualification. Professional membership of a recognized body such as CIPS will be an added advantage. Candidates must have 5 years experience in a similar role.
Candidates must have the following competencies:
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving
- Problem solving
- Process management
- Budget management
- Interpersonal relations.
- Salary Offer Competitive
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
How To Apply Eligible and interested candidates should forward their applications including their CV and certificates to [email protected] before Monday 30th November 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Botswana