Lecturer (Production Course Administrator)
A position exists for the appointment of a Production Course Administrator at AFDA Botswana,
Oodi Campus. AFDA Botswana, The School of Motion Picture and Live Performance is the
leading film, television and live performance school.
AFDA Botswana is one of the five AFDA Campuses. AFDA is a full member of CILECT, the
association of the world’s major film and television schools, and chairs the CILECT African
Regional Association of accredited film schools.
AFDA offers approved certificate, degree and postgraduate programmes in Motion Picture
production, Live Performance, and Business Innovation and Enterprise. The Live Performance
degree includes screen acting, media performance, music performance and stage acting.
Motion Picture Medium includes Film and Television. Business Innovation and Enterprise
degree has its focus on the Creative Industries.
The incumbent, reporting to the Campus Dean, is responsible for course development and
quality assurance of all the academic programmes, including discipline electives and Production
– Coordinate Production Course lectures, ensuring excellence of lecturers allocated.
– Oversee assessment of Production Course projects and research essays, allocate
assessors and assesses.
– eLearning: Develop and maintain online learning modules. Evaluate online tutors’
assessments. Keep track of students’ participation on Production Course modules on
online platform. Communicate & train on online modules to students and staff.
– Implement & maintain course content; assessment instruments; system for academic
credits; progress report template; course guidelines; course reading packs with supporting
– Assist with library processes.
– Lecture and assess Production Course and conduct tutorials.
– Collect and process student feedback for course evaluation.
– Quality check course implementation.
– Assist in lecturer and student enquiries on course content and academic support.
– Assist in maintaining statutory compliance & accreditation.
– Engage with Train-the-Trainer sessions & staff induction.
– Organise Film Festivals.
– Arranges visits by speakers and guest lecturers from outside the institution.
– M.A degree in a relevant field.
– 3 years’ relevant educational experience.
– Online learning experience.
– Experience in Film, TV or Stage Production is beneficial.
– Writing and language editing skills for educational material.
– Communication skills.
– Administrative skills.
– Willingness to adopt the AFDA pedagogy.
– Team working.
– Excellent time and deadline management.
– A positive attitude.
– Commitment to the AFDA values: Passion, Integrity, Self-discipline, Humility and Reliability.
AFDA is an equal opportunity employer based on the sound principles of nation building.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Deadline: 22 January 2018.
Please write and send:
– A full CV
– 3 references
The Dean AFDA College,
P.O. Box 26456 Gaborone
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
N.B: Only the shortlisted candidate shall be notified