Orange invites candidates who wish to be part of a dynamic workforce to apply for the above position.
Reporting to Director-Legal and Corporate Affairs, the successful candidate will be expected to develop and implement the company’s Legal, Compliance and Regulatory strategy.
The main duties include but are not limited to
- Manage legal regulatory, ethics and compliance risks.
- Conduct research, write papers and advocate for company interests.
- Give accurate and timely legal advice to executives on a variety of legal topics (labour, marketing, technical, finance, procurement, property, anti-money laundering, anti-corruption etc.)
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance.
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external lawyers, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust.
- Draft and interpretation of legal documents to ensure that company’s full legal rights are protected.
- Safe custody of legal documentation.
- Ensure compliance with license and all Regulatory instruments.
- Ensure submission of Regulatory reports.
- Research and participate in all Regulatory surveys and studies.
- Set up and manage ethics governing body.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures.
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment on a corporation.
- Ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Ability to analyse situations and information.
- Outstanding communication and skills (both written and Oral).
- Advanced research ability.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Law.
- 5 years working experience in Corporate Legal work, contract negotiations, regulatory and compliance.
Closing date and application instructions
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements can submit their applications, updated CV and certified copies of their academic certificates to:
The subject window on email should only contain the title of the position being applied for.
Closing date: 23 March 2018
Kindly note, that Orange Botswana shall only correspond to short-listed candidates.