FALSTONE (PTY) LTD
The Merchandiser’s primary function is to support the display and merchandising of Falstone products at various customer sites. The merchandiser will be responsible for ensuring that the right amount of goods are available in store and are being sold at the right price.
Through shrewd planning, careful purchasing and sensible promotions profits can be enhanced. Merchandisers also assess the needs of individual stores and how they might differ based on factors such as store size and their target demographics. This involves working closely with the buying teams to accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and monitor performance.
RETAIL MERCHANDISER JOB DUTIES:
– Determines call schedule by reviewing priorities with supervisor; discussing special instructions, product promotions, new products, and price changes.
– Maintains customer relationships with store managers and buyers, the customer’s employees; answering their questions; responding to special requests; describing product features.
– Maintains store shelves by observing displays of company products; removing damaged or
freshness-dated products; tidying store shelves; providing optimum display of products.
– Maintains inventory by restocking shelves with product from inventory; observing inventory levels; prompting store management/buyer to reorder when levels appear low; arranging for return and credit for damaged products.
– Completes call report by observing display and pricing of competitors’ products.
– Helps field sales representatives with special promotions by setting-up displays at aisle ends; checking daily on special promotions; observing customer reaction to special promotions; forwarding observations to management; removing promotions at end of special promotion period.
– Provides information by reporting growth, expansion, or closing of supermarkets in assigned territory.
– Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards.
– Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
– Enhances merchandising and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
RETAIL MERCHANDISER SKILLS:
– Product Knowledge – Confidence
– Quality Focus – Able to cope with pressure
– Customer Focus – Teamworking skills
– Client Relationships – Communication skills
– Promotions – Interpersonal skills
– Reporting Skills – Leadership skills
– Attention to Detail – Strong numerical and analytical skills
– Territory Management – IT skills
– Competitive Analysis – Organisational skills
– Job Knowledge – Decision-making skills
– Ability to read, write and speak English – Ability to work safely
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION LEVEL:
– Form 3 Certificate
– Must be at least 18 years of age
– Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which may include early morning/late night hours; Willing
to work any day of the week, weekends, Holidays and required over-time as specific to role
– 1 year of merchandising experienced
We would prefer if you live or live in the nearby areas of the following the locations;
– Selebi – Phikwe
Kindly indicate your location in the application letter.
CLOSING DATE AND APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
If you meet the above requirements please send your cover letter, CV and certified copies of academic
certificates and references to email@example.com
Kindly note that we do not accept hand delivered applications and will only get in contact with shortlisted
Closing date 2nd February 2018