Industry: Financial Services
Job Title: Payroll Officer
We are looking for a Payroll Officer to join our Organisation and administer our employee compensation.
Payroll Officer Responsibilities include calculating employees’ compensation, updating our internal payroll databases and ensuring timely payments. To be successful in this role, you should have a flair for numbers and be able to handle sensitive information. If you’re also familiar with labor legislation, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will help run a smooth and accurate payroll process.
Reports to: Financial Controller and HR
- Assist with office Administration
- Collect monthly timesheets
- Calculate bonuses and allowances
- Prepare employees’ compensation by the end of each month using payroll software
- Schedule bank payments or hand out paycheques directly to employees
- Report on payroll expenses
- Ensure wages and tax withholdings comply with regulations
- Enter new employees’ data (e.g. bank accounts and tax identification numbers) into internal databases
- Answer questions about compensation, benefits, taxes and insurance deductions
- Proven work experience as a Payroll Officer, Payroll Clerk or similar role and has handled not less than 200 employee payroll.
- Hands-on experience with Pastel Payroll software
- Strong math skills with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Good knowledge of labour legislation
- Time-management skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- AAT, Diploma in Accounting, Human Resources or relevant field
Closing date: 31/01/2018