The Competition Authority is constituted in terms of Section 4 of the Competition Act of 2009. The main purpose of the Authority is prevention of, and redress for anti-competitive practises in the economy. The Authority requires the services of a knowledgeable, highly skilled and self–driven citizen to apply for the above position.
Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the job entails driving the strategic planning process, providing strategy implementation and risk management support to management by monitoring all strategic projects to meet the objectives of the Competition Authority; and analysing and managing risk management issues by identifying, measuring, and making decisions on operational and enterprise-wide risks. In addition to that, the position will be responsible for coordinating the development, implementation and evaluation of the overall performance management system of the Competition Authority and initiate business processes re-engineering which will enhance efficiency and the development of a high performance culture within the organisation.
Key Performance Areas
- Effective development, review, and implementation of the Competition Authority Strategic Plan
- Existence of clear linkages between the organisations Strategic Plan and the Departmental and individual performance plans
- Existence of clear performance targets and measures for individual staff members
- Availability of Departmental Annual Plans
- Effective Enterprise-wide Risk Management
- Quality assurance on acceptable best practice and international standards on performance management and improvement initiatives and interventions
- Regular and effective performance assessment for the entire organisation
- High level overall organisational performance
- Regular Departmental performance review reports
- Regular individual performance review reports
- Availability of performance measurement instruments
- Timely preparation of the Authority’s Performance Briefs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, and Business related fields. Relevant Post-Graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years post qualification experience in a strategy planning and performance management and improvement role.
- Technical expertise in Project Management, Balanced Scorecard, Strategic Planning and Risk Management
Remuneration and Terms
The above position is on permanent and pensionable terms. Competitive remuneration and terms as contained in the General Terms and Conditions of Service of the Competition Authority await the right and most suitable candidate.
Method of Application: Candidates who meet the requirements for the above mentioned position should apply and enclose comprehensive curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, copy of Omang and at least two work related references from current or previous employers. All applications should be addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Private Bag 00101
Or Hand Deliver at:
Plot 28, Matsitama road
Old BITC Building
Main Mall, Behind South African High Commission
For more information regarding this position, please contact the Human Resources Office at 3934278.
Competition Authority will enter into correspondence only with shortlisted candidates.
Closing date: 22nd January 2018