Position: SHEQ Manager
Location: Gaborone, Botswana
Employment Type: Permanent
Nationality: Motswana | Botswana
Purpose of the position
- The SHEQ manager is in charge of the safety, health environment, and quality assurance side of the business, He/She supervises and coordinates work systems to ensure that the products or services of the company meet the highest quality standards and that the working conditions of the company are favourable and safe.
- Day to Day operations To lead, develop and maintain factory and Sites SHEQ management programmes and systems in written format and recording and through face to face contact, communication and team briefing.
- To support line management in delivering Site SHEQ objectives.
Determines the strategic direction and work priorities (in conjunction with line management) for the continuous improvement of the Factory and Sites SHEQ management programme and systems.
• Advises line management and assists with the implementation of new or existing SHEQ-related legislation, rules and Company standards to include fire prevention, health and safety awareness training, site inspections of Company and contractors sites.
• To complete prevention inspections on a regular basis and ensure records maintained of same.
• To investigate accidents and ensure all documentation is updated.
• To develop a monthly SHEQ Communication Strategy for all sites and levels of staff, to include written information, tool box talks and management briefs.
• Full responsibility for the applications and meeting standards for licensing
• Full responsibility for Company preparations for annual H&S audits and Quality Assurance
• Liaison with HR Dept for initiating and coordinating training plan and updating information for personal, audit and IIP requirements.
• To assist in retaining all current quality accreditations and work towards the attainment of new quality accreditations.
• Advises line management in Factories, Office and on Site of health, safety, quality and environmental matters and manages this process to ensure all advice is incorporated into day to day processes and operations.
• Leads the Company in meeting its obligations as required.
• Provides support and expertise to line management in incident investigation and reporting (including dangerous occurrences and occupational diseases).
• Facilitates all forms of risk assessment e.g. general, manual handling, COSHH, fire prevention and acts as a final authority where a specialist response is required in relation to risk assessments performed by others on site.
• Conducts occupational health and safety related surveys e.g. noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and makes associated recommendations.
• Produces and coordinates the yearly SHEQ action plan and longer term SHEQ roadmap, prepares reports for monthly update of same to Group Services Meetings.
Interested persons who meet the above requirements must send their applications to email@example.com quoting ref:SHEQM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If not contacted within 21 days after the closing date, consider your application to be unsuccessful. The organisation reserves the right not to fill the position advertised.