Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 225,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector, and we provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you’ll develop at Deloitte.
About the Division
The Deloitte Botswana Taxation team provides industry leading taxation expertise to some of Botswana’s largest local and multinational entitles and owner-managed entities, and to individuals that own them. We assist in growing, managing and protecting our clients from a tax perspective across a wide array of industry sectors including property, hospitality, retail, consumer business, technology, mining and resources, banking, insurance and other financial services.
Deloitte offers a broad range of fully integrated tax services and tailored signature tax solutions and insights designed to work for business needs.
Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines that keep current with the latest legislative, compliance and business innovations that will impact business’ tax strategy, compliance and reporting requirements. With an extensive network of African Tax professionals, equipped with in-depth knowledge, technical expertise and experience of both regional and global tax insights, we are best placed to guide businesses through the dynamic global and local regulatory landscapes to help them excel globally.
Our professionals need to have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, balancing long term projects with the urgency of immediate operational demands. We are committed to establishing and empowering the firm by establishing an environment of continuous learning and enriching career opportunities.
Main Purpose of Job
To lead and guide the tax team and to deliver quality advice across a range of complex matters. To build deep relationships across a diverse network and use a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact and contribute to building the talent pipeline, create talent experience that attracts, develop and retain top talent and high performing team.
Qualifications & Experience required
CA, Higher Diploma in Tax or similar qualification
7 years’ working experience
Postgraduate qualification in Taxation (Masters in Taxation)
Prior Tax advisory experience, either in a Big 4 or mid-tier accounting firm or a legal firm
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model and inspires others to embrace and live our purpose and values
- Competitive Edge – Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Influence – Builds deep relationships across a diverse network and uses a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact
- Performance drive – Creates opportunities to drive impact; anticipates client needs and delivers superior results by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction – Translates broader strategy into a compelling team vision and goals; aligns the team and sets priorities to achieve objectives
- Talent development – Actively contributes to building the talent pipeline; creates a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams
- Inspirational Leadership – Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
Core Professional Technical Capabilities
- Tax Laws and Rules
- Delivery Excellence
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Technology Tools and Solutions
- Expertise in field with excellent industry and business knowledge
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and execute projects
- Demonstrated execution of complex projects to profitable outcomes
- Skilled in drafting and presenting client proposals
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good financial knowledge
Specialized Technical Capabilities
- Tax advisory and compliance in direct and indirect taxes (Income Tax, CGT, CTT, VAT, PAYE, OWT)
- Tax structuring
- Tax due diligence and health checks
- Tax transaction advisory and tax opinion
- Tax support to matters associated with trusts and estates
- Tax consolidation planning and compliance Employee compensation / remuneration / share and option planning
- Transfer pricing
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.