To contribute to the education of the whole child, attending to their intellectual, emotional, physical and social development.
- O ’levels plus a Diploma in Early Childhood Development
- 3 years post qualification experience in teaching
- Experience in a Pre-School Environment will be an added advantage
Key Effectiveness Areas
- Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budgets and controls expenditure within approved parameters.
- Draws up yearly, termly and weekly plans of subject matter by complying with school subject policies and referring to the syllabus.
- Prepares lesson plans to achieve the desired objectives taking cognizance of available resources and equipment.
- Provides an effective and stimulating environment for education by maintaining teaching area in a neat, orderly condition.
- Manages all activities in library or the teaching area by arranging the seating of pupils and effective discipline
- Researches the market to keep abreast with the latest trends in the field of teaching
- Continuously assesses, records and appraises pupils progress
- Promotes reading, care and appreciation for books through activities such as book displays and demonstrations.
- Contributes to the fuller development of the child’s potential through the medium of extramural activities by planning activities, arranging the necessary equipment and facilities, coaching and providing suitable opportunities for competition.
- Complies with all legal requirements pertaining to the teaching profession
- Maintains a sound relationship with parents by means of formal and informal contact at meetings etc.
- Performs an array of administrative duties including keeping equipment inventory, scholar patrol ,marking attendance registers, writing reports
- Implements safety, health and environment programmes in area of responsibility
- Communication skills
- Conceptual skills
- Time management
Closing date and application instructions
Please reference OLDM0000498 in the subject line on both the email and application letter.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply enclosing a current curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates: please indicate the position on the email subject.
• Email: recruitmentOLM@debswana.bw
• Closing Date: 25 March 2018
NB: Only short listed candidates will be responded to.