VACANCY – PLUMBER: ONE (1) POST
The Directorate of Public Service Management (DPSM) invites applications from highly motivated and well experienced citizens of Botswana to fill the post of Plumber which exists at Botswana Public Service College (BPSC).
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 2 OF 2018
SALARY: B3 (P41 016 – P49 044) per annum.
LEAVE: 20 working days per annum
A minimum of Primary School Leaving Examination Certificate (PSLE) and Trade Test B Certificate in Plumbing or related field.
• Optional Contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50% and employee pays 50%).
• Contributory Pension Fund Scheme (Government pays 15% and employee pays 5%).
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide improved water reticulation and to oversee and direct the work of subordinates.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Responds and addresses all queries of sewerages/plumbing.
• Cleans and disinfects sewerage spillages.
• Inspects, repairs and maintains College plumbing applications.
• Digs trenches for installation of sanitary appliances such as sewerage pipes.
• Unblogs sewerage lines for the College.
• Assists in developing draft budget for plumbing/sewerage services.
• Sets targets and supervise subordinate staff.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Problem Solving
• Customer Focus
• Integrity and Trust
• Ethics and Values
• Listening Skills
• Communication Skills
Applicants should quote the reference and vacancy circular number of this advertisement and provide the following details;
a) Detailed Curriculum Vitae.
b) Certified copies of certificates and Omang (Attach academic transcripts).
c) At least two (2) work related references confirming the required experience.
d) Date of first appointment for those employed in Government.
e) Present position, date of appointment to the position and salary scale.
f) Actual salary per month (attach proof) for applicants from Parastatals and the Private Sector.
Applications from serving Public officers should be routed through their Head of Departments and
Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:
The Executive Director
Botswana Public Service College
Private Bag 10026
OR Hand Delivered to; Botswana Public Service College, Administration Block N – Registry Office No. 1, Ground Floor.
Closing Date: 31 January 2018. For any clarification contact the Human Resources Office at Tel: 3684200.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO.