The Directorate of Public Service Management (DPSM) invites applications from highly motivated and well experienced citizens of Botswana to fill the post of Programme Administrator which exists at Botswana Public Service College (BPSC).
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 1 OF 2018
SALARY: D3 (P215, 868 – P238, 320) per annum.
VACANCY – PROGRAMME ADMINISTRATOR: ONE (1) POST
• Optional contribution Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50% and employee pays 50%)
• Degree in Social Sciences (Public Administration/Human Resource Management) or related field.
A minimum of eight (8) years experience in Human Recourse Management or related field, two (2) years of which should have been served at D4 salary scale or equivalent level in a Parastatal or Private Sector Organization. .
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide logistical support in the operations and administration of training programmes run by the various centers in the College.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Plan, schedule and manage programmes in liaison with Heads of Centres.
• Arrange and communicate programme logistics with participants and trainers.
• Consult with clients to identify training needs.
• Prepare and package training materials for programmes.
• Manage allocation of resources for scheduled programmes.
• Maintain asset register of all training equipment.
• Complete and maintain participants records as required by the administrative policies.
• Facilitate certification.
• Administer programme evaluation tools.
• Prepare briefing notes and reports as and when needed.
• Identify and report potential health and safety hazards and accidents appropriately.
• Monitor utilization of resources for programmes.
• Identify and recommend resources needed for programmes.
• Assess personal knowledge and skill against job specific competencies to identify development needs and priorities.
• Undertake any other related duties as assigned by management.
• Functional/Technical skills
• Managing and Measuring Work
• Timely Decision Making
• Conflict Management
• Drive for Results
• Communicating Effectively
• Presentation Skills
• Building Effective Teams
• Customer Focus
• Integrity and Trust
Applicants should quote the reference and vacancy circular number of this advertisement and provide the following details;
a) Detailed Curriculum Vitae.
b) Certified copies of certificates and Omang (Attach academic transcripts).
c) At least two (2) work related references confirming the required experience.
d) Date of first appointment for those employed in Government.
e) Present position, date of appointment to the position and salary scale.
f) Actual salary per month (attach proof) for applicants from Parastatals and the Private Sector.
Applications from serving Public officers should be routed through their Head of Departments and
Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:
The Executive Director
Botswana Public Service College
Private Bag 10026
OR Hand Delivered to; Botswana Public Service College, Administration Block N – Registry Office No. 1, Ground Floor.
Closing Date: 31 January 2018. For any clarification contact the Human Resources Office at Tel: 3684200.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO.