The Human Resources Officer, reporting to the directors will lead the Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture development of a superior workforce. The role functions as an active and influential business advisory role executive management in order to drive positive business results.
- Development of company policies and procedures in line with international best practice.
- Works closely in an advisory role with department managers to assist in implementing policies procedures and the consistent interpretation thereof.
- Conduct skills audits and analyse competency gaps to design employee training plan and success in planning programs.
- Recruitment of staff to vacancies; assess applications interview applicants, give selection tests, prepare reports and make remendations to management about staff appointment.
- Maintain the personal records of employees on matters such as compensation, pension, leave training and prepare associated reports.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude towards company objectives.
- Serve as a link between senior management and employee by administering disciplinary/ grievances interpreting and giving guidance and policies to resolve work-related problems.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of HR function and staff relating to employment compensation, labour relations and employee relation.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as vacancies, leave, absenteeism rates and performance appraisals.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes, arbitration decisions, and industrial court judgments to assist employment regulation trends.
- Development and/or administer special projects in areas such as pay equity, wellness day, employee recognition and awards.
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recognition programs.
- Play an active role in employee safety, welfare, wellness and health programs.
- Coordinate companywide corporate social investment programs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management or an equivalent qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years human resources practical experience. Courier industry or transportation of bulk material experience will be added advantage.
- Preferable to have experience in three or more of the following areas: human resource management industrial relations, organazational/talent development, performance management, change management compensation and employee perception monitoring/measurement.
- Valid driver’s license. Own vehicle will be an added advantage
- Business driven with Business acumen
- Strategic planning and ability to provide through leadership
- Complex problem solution and general management expertise
- Outstanding communication/ presentation and negotiation skills
- High level of professionalism and integrity and strong team player
- Ability to influence senior management
- Establish and maintain collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders
- Ability to architect and drive change
Closing date and application instructions
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need to apply giving full details of qualification, experience and enclosing up-to-date copies of their CV’s and certified copies of certificates not later than 12 January 2018 to:
The Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 401795 GABORONE OR
Hand deliver to our head office: plot 63968, Unit 1, block 3 industrial