The role is responsible for the provision of high-quality financial management information and provides professional advice to the group office. The role also exists to provide effective and efficient departmental support on services provided to other units especially group companies and other external customers.
Key Performance Areas
1. Produce monthly detailed management accounts, summarising the financial performance to date and providing explanations of key variances.
2. Produce company Annual Financial Statements and assist in the preparation of the BIHL Group Annual Financial Statements.
3. Assist in the preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements.
4. Execution of month and year end deliverables in line with the organisation’s deadlines, ensuring all accrual and prepayments are made in line with financial procedures.
5. Ensures timely maintenance of the General Ledger (GL) and reconciliation is done monthly within the stipulated time frame.
6. Investigate and report on significant budgetary variances, identifying any remedial action that needs to be taken.
8. Support year-end financial management, reporting and year-end financial audits
• At least Five (5) years’ experience in a financial institution.
• Experience of working in a complex financial environment.
Skills & Competencies
• Computer literate
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Financial systems knowledge
• Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
• Interpretation of financial data