The Centre for Coordination of Agricultural Research and Development for Southern Africa (CCARDESA) is a subsidiary organisation of the Southern African Development Community (SADC). It was established in 2010 and started its full operations in 2013. CCARDESA has a mandate of coordinating agricultural research and development in the SADC region and contributing to better food security and livelihoods in the region.
B. The Administrative Assistant/Secretary will be responsible for the following:
- Organizing meetings and appointments for Heads of Department with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assisting in management of stationery store and assets register.
- Assisting in performing various administrative duties of the Secretariat.
- Providing administrative and Secretarial services to the Executive Director;
- Attending to visitors and communication under the office of the Executive Director
- Filing and maintaining physical and electronic records at the Secretariat
- Providing professional services during workshops and meetings
- Making travel arrangements for the Executive Director, Board members and workshop participants
- Maintaining the diary of the Executive Director and managing his/her appointments
- Performing any other related duties periodically assigned by superiors.
C. Minimum qualifications and experience
- Must have completed secondary school
- Botswana citizen or legal resident
- Have prior experience in Secretarial / administrative position or similar type of job and at least 3 years in an administrative or support role or related area
- Have worked for at least five years for sub-regional or regional or international organisations
- good general computer literacy, a high-level competency in Microsoft Office software applications and in handling web-based management systems
- excellent communication skills and fluency in spoken and written English
- good team player with strong interpersonal skills
D. Duty Station
The successful candidate will be based at CCARDESA headquarters in Gaborone, Botswana.
Compliments of the New Year to all Jobs Botswana Subscribers.
Get your CV and Cover letter done for P100.
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238 or EWallet to 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76981238. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
A very attractive remuneration package shall be offered to the successful candidate.
F. Gender Mainstreaming
CCARDESA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly encourages applications from female candidates.
G. Closing date
Deadline for receipt of application letters is Friday, 31 January 2020, 16:30 hours
Only applicants who meet the requirements of the CCARDESA Secretariat and being considered for interview, will be contacted.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Submission of Applications
If you are results orientated, you have a passion for the transformation and development of Southern Africa, and possess the required competencies, please submit your application.
Applications including a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae, together with the names, titles, addresses, and email and telephone contacts of three referees should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to email@example.com
Alternatively, applicants may post their application letters to:
The Finance and Administration Manager
Ground Floor, Red Brick Building,
Plot 4701, Station Exit Road,
Private Bag 00357,