Hiring Agency:Embassy Gaborone
Position Title: Administrative Receptionist (U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs))
Open Period:12/23/2019 – 01/20/2020Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone:GMT+2S
eries/Grade: FP – 0105 9
Work Schedule:Full-time –
Full-time 40 hours per week
Duty Location(s):1 Vacancy in
Telework Eligible:NoFor More Info: HR Section
Hiring Path:• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:For USEFM – FS Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
• U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
Security Clearance Required:Public Trust – Background InvestigationAppointment TypePermanentAppointment Type Details:• FMA
• Definite not to exceed 5 years
• For applicants who are USEFMs, the final grade/step for these positions will be determined by Washington DC.Marketing Statement:
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full time 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No Relocation
Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Not Required
|The incumbent provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks in support of the Mission Health Unit under the direct supervision of the medical advisor. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies as well as additional clerical duties. The incumbent is the first point of contact, by both phone and in person, for patients and visitors to the health unit and must maintain absolute patient confidentiality at all times.|
Qualifications and Evaluations
Minimum of one (1) year of secretarial or receptionist experience is required.
Incumbent must have working knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures; knowledge of computers and relevant software applications (MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Internet/Intranet).
Completion of high school is required.
English level III (Good working knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The position requires the ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with sensitive issues.
Position must obtain Public Trust Security Clearance
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass security certification.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Gaborone, Botswana may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain a Security clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application.
- High School certificate
- HighSchool transcript
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- List of references
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Gaborone, Botswana.