As a senior executive, the Chief of Staff provides Strategic advice on key business initiatiaves and decisions to the Chief Executive Officer, offering direction and support to the Executive Management to enable the success of leadership teams under the CEO’s office. This is a challenging position which requires strong strategic problem-solving skills, excellent interpersonal skills and high level of personal initiative. The successful candidate will also be responsible for management of CEO’s office and will also provide direction on Executive Management strategic actions including administrative,financial and operational activities.
* Leads on the strategic planning, Coordinates and oversees the Strategy formulation and implementation process and participates in strategic initiatives and reports the results to the CEO.
* Prepares the Strategy Board Paper for the CEO and presents to the Board when required
* Cascades the Strategy document along with the Corporate Scorecard to all Business Units across the organisation
* Creates and updates dashboards for reviewing key performance indicators
* Setting leader’s strategic priorities by helping to identify the areas to focus on and metrics for success
* As the mouthpiece of the CEO’s office, acts as a point of contact or gatekeeper between the CEO and and business stakeholders and partners
* Provides oversight and guidance to Company’s large, often cross -functional organisation wide projects and initiatives
* Bachelor’s degree in Management and/or Leadership, Law, Business, or related discipline. Added advantages; Post Graduate qualification – Policy, Business Management, Leadership or equivalent. Postal Industry specific training or experience. Quality management systems exposure.
* A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant and extensive professional and Managerial experience, two (2) of which must be at Executive Management level with proven experience in Postal management, Governance, stakeholder management or regulatory affairs role. Strong leadership and board-level exposure as Company Secretary in a postal environment and related industry. Experience and knowledge of the public sector and government policy management environment in Botswana.
* Achievement and results driven and ability to persistently focus on outcomes
*Proven strong influencing and negotiating skills
*Proven strong focus on developing creative solutions
* Ability to interpret standards and regulations and communicate effectively to all levels of the organisation including cross functional teams
*A highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence
* Impeccable time management and multi-tasking skills
BotswanaPost offers attractive salaries and benefit packages that are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need to apply by enclosing an application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certified certificates and Omang/ID to:
Chief Human Capital Officer
P.O. Box 100
Gaborone OR Email: [email protected]
All applications must be submitted on or before the 30th September 2020.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.