PART -TIME-6 MONTHS
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 19 of 2019
CHIEF RESEARCH OFFICER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above position in the Ministry of Health & Wellness, Department Health Policy Research & Development, tenable at the Ministry of Health & Wellness, Headquarters.
SALARY: D1 (P311, 664 – P344, 076 per annum)
BENEFITS: (a) Optional contributory Medical Aid
Scheme (Government pays 50% Employee 50%) (b) Contributory Pension (Government contributes 15% and employee 5%)
Compliments of the New Year to all Jobs Botswana Subscribers.
Get your CV and Cover letter done for P100.
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238 or EWallet to 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76981238. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences majoring in Statistics & Economics or Statistics & Demography or any related field. Master’s degree in any of the above field will be an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of ten (12) years ‘post qualification work experience in a related field of which three (3) years should be in a Research Implementation/ Coordination Environment.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To coordinate and guide all the research work done by both internal and external researchers and provide professional and managerial guidance to the research teams.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
1. Initiates and guides individual research projects of lower grade research officers.
2. Works closely with national, regional and international research institutes.
3. Receives and screens research applications by category (minimal risk, greater than minimum risk and high risks) and allocates to ethical reviewers.
4. Appraises and recommends undergraduates and Master’s student’s research proposals.
5. Trains and develops Institutional Review Boards (IRBs).
6. Synthesizes research findings to inform policy.
7. Advises the health research and development committee in executing its mandate.
8. Carries out studies that guide policy on cost saving and cost recovery.
9. Develop health cost saving policies.
• Functional/technical skills
• Problem Solving
• Directing Others
• Building Effective Teams
• Drive for Results
• Presentation Skills
• Time Management
• Ethics & Value
• Intellectual Horsepower
• Timely Decision Making
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Applications should be addressed to: -
MINISTRY OF HEALTH & WELLNESS
Hand delivered to:
Ministry of Health and Wellness Headquarters
IMPORTANT: All applications from serving Public Officers must be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be responded to.
Closing date: 20 September 2019, 1630hours. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
For further information contact: Human Resource Management Unit on