PART -TIME-6 MONTHS
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 13 of 2019
CHIEF TECHNICAL INSPECTORATE OFFICER (EMONC ASSESSOR) – D4 SALARY SCALE
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above temporary position in the Ministry of Health and Wellness, Department of Health Inspectorate, tenable at Ministry of Health and Wellness Headquarters (but officers will be Traveling extensively to different health facilities) for a period of six (6) months.
SALARY: P97.04 per hour
QUALIFICATIONS: Diploma or degree in Midwifery or Advanced Midwifery and New-born Nursing Care. Masters in Midwifery and Neonatal Care will be an added advantage.
FOR P70 we can design and write a perfect CV for you. Cover letter for P30
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76716431. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of six (6) years’ experience of being technically involved in Emergency Obstetric and Newborn Care (EmONC) services or having been trained on EmONC then be actively involved in the management of maternal and newborn health care services, either in Government or Private Sector.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Assess, train and mentor maternity and neonatal services-offering health facilities to comply with Emergency Obstetric and Newborn Care (EmONC) Guidelines and Protocols. The incumbent will also continuously monitor the programme and write reports during and at the end of all phases of the project.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
1. Identify health facilities with the highest maternal and neonatal mortality ratios, and together with the health facilities’ management determine measures to assist them in reducing their mortalities as per SDG 3.
2. Identify and assist health facilities which performed below fifty percent (50%) in the 2016/2017 Report on National Assessment Compliance to EmONC Protocols and Guidelines to close their non-conformities.
3. Assess health facilities already piloting EmONC Facility Certification Programme to identify gaps, mentor them to close their deficiencies and record and report the progress made by all of them.
4. Enrol and train identified additional health facilities on EmONC Facility Certification Programme; assist them to monitor their compliance with the local and or international EmONC Standards, Guidelines and Protocols on quarterly basis.
5. Participate in inspections of government and private health care facilities which offer maternal and newborn care services; write and submit timely reports to Health Inspectorate through the EmONC Coordinator.
6. Attend to all relevant maternity and newborn issues in assigned districts with the EmONC Coordinator or as Ministry of Health & Wellness representatives; produce and submit timely reports to the EmONC Coordinator for continuity of technical assistance to the districts.
7. Produce daily logs; keep diaries of all activities performed in the office and in the districts; report all progress made and challenges encountered, and plan debriefing sessions weekly or as advised by Ministry of Health & Wellness.
8. Perform any other related duties as assigned by management.
• Communicate effectively
• Organisational Agility
• Professional/technical skills
• Time management
• Problem Solving
• Ethics and Values
• Negotiation Skills
• Customer Focus
• Presentation Skills
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Applications should be addressed to: -
MINISTRY OF HEALTH & WELLNESS
Hand delivered to:
Ministry of Health and Wellness Headquarters
IMPORTANT: All applications from serving Public Officers must be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be responded to.
Closing date: 20 September 2019, 1630hours. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
For further information contact: Human Resource Management Unit on