The position reports to the Director, Credit
Main purpose of the job:
To manage and reduce credit risk exposure, preserve and enhance the quality of the lending book and ensure a professional and equitable assessment and review of credit applications.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Review and decide (up to a limit) on credit proposals and maintain a good balance between returns and risk exposure with a view to minimise default risk.
2. Monitor adhere to Agency lending criteria, guidelines and procedures.
3. Monitor the credit granting policies and processes and make timely recommendations to Director of Credit.
4. Assist in the development, implementation and review of a credit scoring model.
5. Monitor compliance with terms and conditions of sanction.
6. Ensure efficient and speedy processing of credit applications.
7. Effective monitoring and control of the Agency’s loan book i.e. portfolio analysis and reporting on areas of risk (concentration risk, liquidity risk etc.).
8. Provides employee leadership, performance guidance, evaluation and feedback, ongoing training and coaching of the credit staff.
9. Promote a risk awareness and management culture across CEDA.
• Business acumen
• Ethics and Professionalism
• Analytics and value creation
• Effective communication
• Service orientation
• Leveraging talent
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Banking/Accounting or equivalent .
Experience: A minimum of six (6) years post qualification experience in a related field in a financial institution. Industry experience in a banking or investment environment is preferred with relevant credit experience.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
All applications must include a comprehensive CV, with certified copies of certificates and summary details of current duties as well as two professional references.
Director, Human Capital
Citizen Entrepreneurial Development Agency
Private Bag 00504
or e-mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 23 September 2019