PELEGANO VILLAGE INDUSTRIES
DIRECTORS AND MEMBERS POSITION VACANCIES
Pelegano Village Industries is a company incorporated under the Companies Act of the Republic of Botswana as a company limited by guarantee. The objectives of the company is to operate as a charitable institution to provide financial resources with a view to support community-based organisations as well as to build a conducive environment to foster and encourage a variety of village-based industries. The company currently owns and manages property portfolio to generate income that will enable it to meet these objectives.
Director Position (x1)
The company seeks to invite individuals to apply for a position of a Director (nonExecutive) in its Board of Directors.
- The role requires attending approximately four scheduled board meetings, one (1) Annual General Meeting as well as Extra Ordinary Board Meetings as and when the meeting is called (occasionally) and serving on at least one Board committee.
- The role may require attendance in calls for management/financial reporting and general compliance issues.
- Interested candidates are required to apply and include a motivational letter to show/indicate why they are interested in becoming a Director at Pelegano Village industries as well as submit a copy of their curriculum vitae/resume.
- Interested individual should indicate how he/she would contribute to the development of Pelegano Village Industries.
Competencies and skills (role related)
Knowledge of a director’s responsibilities as per the constitution of the company – includes an understanding of the role as well as the legal, ethical, fiduciary and financial responsibilities;
For further enquiries on the positions please call 3947520/3947504
The ability to review the strategy through constructive questioning and suggestion and contribute to the effective decision making of the board;
Accounting and finance:
The ability to read and comprehend the company’s accounts, financial material presented to the board, financial reporting requirements and some understanding of corporate finance;
The board’s responsibility involves overseeing compliance with numerous laws as well as understanding the individual director’s legal duties and responsibilities;
Experience in managing areas of major risk management to the organisation;
Experience in charitable or similar organisations or industries.
Competencies (personal attributes)
- Integrity – fulfilling a director’s duties and responsibilities, acting ethically, appropriate independence, putting the organisation’s interests before personal interests;
- Emotional intelligence – as well as self-awareness and self-management, a director needs to demonstrate empathy manifested through strong interpersonal skills. A director must work well in a group, listen well, and be tactful yet able to communicate in a cogent and candid viewpoint;
- Commercial judgement and instinct – a director needs to demonstrate good business instinct and acumen, and be able to assimilate and synthesise complex information;
- Active contribution – a director needs to be an active contributor with genuine interest in the company and its business.
A Degree in Property Management or related field
Member Positions (x3)
The company seeks to invite individuals (the public) to apply for Member’s position within the organisation.
- The role requires attending one Annual General Meeting as well as any scheduled extra Ordinary General Meetings as and when schedule requires.
The Roles of the Members within the organisation as per the Company’s constitution are as stated below to;,
- Subscribe to the company’s incorporation.
- Confirm the appointment of Board of Directors and Auditors
- Ensure that the Directors run the Company in an efficient manner
- Evaluate Budget and Audited Annual financial statements
- Review Membership and ensure that the required minimum is maintained.
A bachelor’s degree in property management, business administration or a related field.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Interested individuals must apply in writing and enclose a copy of their curriculum vitae/resume as well as a motivational letter to:
Pelegano Village Industries
P.O. Box 464
Or can be hand delivered at the Head office of the Company at Gasiko Ward, Plot 4357 Gabane (Pelegano).
The closing date for applications is 18 December 2020.
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Botswana