To assist with payment preparation, distribution and recording.
Roles and responsibilities
• Receive and process all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment
• Matches invoices to purchase orders to ensure correct payment to suppliers;
• Captures creditor invoices into the system, prepares payment vouchers and submits them with accompanying documents to the Finance Officer for payment;
• Posting transactions in the accounting system (maintenance of the general ledger.
• Distributes and keeps a record of all payments and files the payment documentation appropriately;
• Prepare on-line banking payments for approval
• Responds to and handles queries on payments;
• Maintains petty cash float for ACHAP.
• Preparation of bank reconciliations
• Filing of supporting documents in logical order
• Assist in handling audits e.g submitting supporting documents as requested by auditors
• Checking field trips expense liquidations, and ensure that any cash not spent is deposited on time
• General administrative duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and experience
• Degree in Accounting or related field or Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
• 1-year experience in a computerized accounting environment
Prior experience working in a donor-funded environment will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, skills and attributes
• Accounting software, spreadsheets, presentation and word processing software
• Familiarity working with ERPs will be an added advantage
- JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Application letter and CV should be addressed to the attention: The Human Resources and Administration Manager, Private Bag X033,Gaborone, Botswana.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications electronically to: [email protected] Alternatively, they can be hand delivered to:
The African Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Partnerships (ACHAP) Head Office at Block 5, Plot 64511, Unit 1, Fairgrounds, Gaborone, Botswana
Closing date for applications: 9th December 2019