Main Purpose of the Job:
To provide strategic direction, plan, organize, implement, coordinate and control the management of BoFiNet’s accounting and financial management function.
Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. Financial Budgeting and Forecasting: Develop and manage a large budget (revenue and cost) to drive strategic intent. Analyze, interpret and provide opinion on financial results/reports, understand the interaction between ratios, trends, external factors, business drivers and strategy.
2. Financial Analysis: An in-depth understanding and ability to analyze trends and provide expert commentary and opinion on how ratios, trends, business and value drivers interact.
3. Financial control: Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of an effective and efficient financial control environment.
4. Management Accounting: Reporting performance of the organization on a timely basis incorporating all the necessary analysis, ratios, trends and comparison to the industry.
5. Financial Accounting: Interpretation of organization’s results and providing management with in-depth advice to influence strategy.
6. Fixed Assets Management: Design fixed assets manual, processes, plans and provide expert advice on procurement, disposal, redistribution and sale of fixed assets.
7. Tax Management: Expert knowledge and application of tax laws; often needs to act in advisory capacity to the business.
8. Cash Flow Forecasting: Develop a funding plan and source funding mechanisms for the organization.
9. Credit Management: Define credit policy and process, and provide expert commentary and advise.
10. Revenue and assurance: Management of the revenue and assurance as well as the billing systems.
11. Manage People: Creates an enabling environment for employees to perform by ensuring availability of people centered interventions. Coach and develop employees to add value in current and future roles.
• Attention to detail
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• Managing Complexity
• Strategy Creation
• Customer focus
• Building Talent
• Leading Change
• Business Acumen
Academic Qualification and Experience
The candidate should have attained the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
• Full Membership of a recognised professional body e.g. ACCA/BICA/CPA/CA/CIMA or equivalent
• Minimum of Eight (8) years post qualification experience of which three (3) should have been served under managerial position within an accounting environment.
BoFiNet offers highly competitive packages commensurate with the level of responsibility. Only interested candidates who meet the above requirements should apply by providing an application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) giving full details of their academic/professional qualifications, experience and at least three (3) referees to:
The HR Manager
Private Bag 00236
Hand deliver to: 2ND FLOOR, Plot 54352, Zambezi Towers, Gaborone CBD, Botswana OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us on: 3995500
CLOSING DATE: 21st January 2019 (ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO)