Lucara Botswana (Pty) Ltd. operates the Karowe Diamond Mine at Letlhakane in the Boteti sub district. The plant was commissioned in April 2012 and has gone on to achieve exceptional performance. It is the source of some truly special diamonds. The plant completed major upgrades that include introduction of X-Ray Transmission (XRT) technology in diamond recovery. This is adding to the already existing innovative application of autogenous milling in diamond processing. The Company is embarking on projects, which entail enhanced large diamond recovery.
Lucara Botswana invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the following position:
Reporting to the Safety and Occupational Hygiene Coordinator, the Fire Officer is responsible for coordination and implementation of the fire prevention & protection program in all areas of Lucara Botswana with a view to ensure compliance to the mine’s standards and statutory regulations.
- Fire Prevention and Protection
- Information Management
- Budgetary Planning and Control
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Fire Equipment Inspections and Maintenance
- Interpretive and analytical skills
- Problem solving
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Fire Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Affiliation with Recognized Fire Prevention and Protection bodies
- Five years post qualification experience as a Fire Officer or in a similar role
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need to apply enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates, clearly indicating the position applied for on the email subject line to
Closing date for applications is January 22, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be responded to.
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Botswana