The Pubic Procurement and Asset Disposal Board (PPDAB) was enacted by an Act of Parliament (Cap 42:08) of 2001. PPDAB is a parastatal organisation. operating under the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development (MFED)
The primary mandate of PPADB is to ad|udicate and award tenders for Central Government and any other institutions spoofed under the Act for the delivery of works, services and supplies related services The Board is also responsible for registration and discipline of contractors who conduct business with Government, as well as, for supporting capacity building on procurement and asset disposal and also for monitoring adherence to the Act The organisation is in search of a versatile and dynamic individual with strong business acumen to fill the position of General Manager- Corporate Services.
Reporting to the Executive Chairperson, the position will be responsible for leading the Corporate Services team through planning, organising, managing and controlling the Implementation and provision of cost effective and efficient Financial, Human Resource, and administrative services at PPADB
THE-JOB* • • •
The Incumbent will be responsible for, among others, the following:
- Interpreting the PPDAB strategy plan and developing an aligned Corporate Services strategic plan and leading implementation of the same
- Establishing and monitoring implementation of International accepted financial management and accounting systems.
- Coordinating and finalising the preparation of accurate and timely monthly management accounts, quarterly accounts and financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial status of PPADB
- Analysing labour, economic and financial environmental factors which may impact on the Board strategies and activities and making recommendations for the development of appropriate policies, strategies and activities
- Recommending system specifications, providing policy advice and direction for design, development and operation of IT systems and processes to support corporate services processes
- Developing budget guidelines and ensuring the availability of processes and templates for implementation and monitoring of the same
- Developing and monitoring the implementation of a cost-effective system of procurement through transparent systems.
- Creating an enabling environment for employees to perform by ensuring the availability of people-centred interventions such as training and development plans and talent management strategies
- Developing sound Human Resource policies and procedures and overseeing their implementation
- Monitoring and ensuring maintenance plans for PPADB property and equipment are implemented and that property and equipment are in good working conditions at all times.
The right candidate will possess the following.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business plus ACCA. or a relevant professional qualification
- Minimum of 8 (eight) years of post-qualification experience, three (3) of which should have been at managerial level
- Experience in financial, management and budgeting, coupled with a thorough understanding of HR issues and the coordination of procurement and administrative services is required
The right candidate must possess the following competencies;
- Strategic thinking
- Effective communication
- Influencing and Decisiveness.
- Leadership skills.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
To apply for the position in confidence, please email a cover letter and a detailed CV as well as names of three traceable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date - 05 July 2020
For enquiries: contact Bamu/Tsholofelo on 3975917/3915503