The Non-Bank Financial Institutions Regulatory Authority Act 2006 established the Non-Bank Financial Institutions Regulatory Authority (NBFIRA), to regulate and enforce compliance within the Non-Bank Financial Institutions sector in order to safeguard the stability, fairness and efficiency of the non-bank financial sector.
The Authority is in search of qualified individuals to fill the belcw position:
HEAD OF FINANCE
Reports to: Deputy CEO – Corporate Services
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide strategic direction, plan, organise, implement, coordinate and control the management of the Authority’s accounting, financial management and procurement functions. To ensure the timely preparation and maintenance of accurate budgets, accounting and financial reports as well as to adherence to established accounting procedures and standards.
Key Performance Areas
- Negotiate recurrent and capital expenditure funds to finance the activities of the Authority and maximize revenues.
- Review the Authority’s financial management and accounting requirements, develop, and ensure implementation of internationally recognised accounting standards and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Implement the financial management and accounting systems and procedures which will result in the accurate and timely preparation of accounts and financial statements that reflect the true financial status of the Authority.
- Preparation of annual budgets, forecasting income and expenditure and the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual accounts.
- Establish the Authority’s cash flow requirements and investments (where appropriate) to optimise returns on the Authority’s assets and ensure adequate cash flow to meet the Authority’s financial obligations.
- Management of statutory audit.
- Provide secretariat services to the Management Tender Committee.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance and a professional qualification (AGGA, GIMA, GA, BIGA).
At least ten (10) years’ experience, two (2) of which should have been at managerial level.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Eligible and interested candidates should send their GV, certified copies of their qualifications, and contact details of three referees to:
Email: [email protected] or alternatively by post to,
Acting Chief Executive Officer
Private Bag 00314
Telephone: (+267)3102595 / 3686100; Fax: (+267) 3102376
Closing date for applications is 25th August 2020.