MRI Botswana Career Opportunity
MRI Botswana Limited, is a citizen owned private company providing a variety of services including emergency medical assistance, pre-hospital care, emergency medical training, contact center solutions, integrated primary healthcare services and pharmaceutical services. The company is looking for a qualified, experienced, self-driven and dynamic professional for the following position.
- HEAD OF INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) will provide strategic and technical guidance to the company, as well as day-to-day operational support to the business and support units on matters of Information management and communications technology. The incumbent will continuously research and identify innovative and cost effective information management and communication systems and for all business operations with the aim of optimising usage of technology and improving operational efficiencies.
- Aligns ICT resources to the company’s overall strategy, objectives and goals.
- Develops and implements the company’s ICT strategy in line with the overall corporate strategy and country’s legislation.
- Reviews, develops and implements ICT policies and procedures aimed at creating and Improving business value.
- Provides overall technological guidance and direction within the organisation
- Ensures 24 hour support to all business operations and ICT systems availability of not less than 99 %.
- Establishes and implements IT Service Management Standard.
- Develops, maintains and facilitates implementation of sound and integrated ICT architecture aimed at supporting and transforming all business operations.
- Ensures continual functioning and availability of mission critical systems and applications as well robust business continuity strategies and plans.
- Evaluates user needs and system functionality, aligning information technology facilities to business needs.
- Oversees and manages ICT projects to promote cost containment through system optimisation and process improvements.
- Monitors and reviews software licensing requirements to ensure that licensing ts appropriate and current.
- Investigates, assesses and anticipates future technology requirements and recommends appropriate action and resouroes.
- Monitors and reviews utilisation and performance of the ICT Infrastructure and makes recommendations for development and expansion as necessary.
- Develops and oversees implementation ot the company’s data management strategy covering operational and financial data collection and reporting requirements
- Oversees ICT risk management activities and manages ICT business risks related to information security and data privacy
- Manages third party vendors to ensure effective and efficient support of current and future services.
- Manages and accounts for ICT equipment and/or systems throughout the organisation, ensuring asset management procurement and disposal are in line with approved policies.
- Ensures security of data from internal and external attacks through monitoring, reviews and implementation of robust security measures.
Job Requirements, Experience, Skills and Core Competencies
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information and Communication Technology. Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of work experience, three (3) of which must have been at senior management level.
- A post-graduate qualification win be an added advantage.
- The incumbent should be a strategic, innovative thinker with broad ICT skills and business acumen.
- He/she should be a critical thinker with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- He/she should also have good communication and leadership skills as well as excellent people management skills.
If you have the above capabilities, kindly send your application with your latest CV to: [email protected]
The Human Resources Department
MRI Botswana Ltd Private
Bag BR 256.
Or hand deliver to:
The Human Resources Department
MRI Botswana Ltd
Plot 60601, Block 7
Closing Date: 25th February 2019
Kindly note that we will only respond to shortlisted candidates only