HEAD OF LEGAL (IRC180823)
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, the purpose of the job is to ensure that the business is aligned to the necessary industry laws and regulations by developing a legal programme aligned with FNBB strategy.
The individual will primarily be responsible for, including but not limited to the following
- Establish, align and manage budget goals whilst ensuring effective control of costs for a range of functional areas to increase cost-efficiency
- Development of a sendee culture which builds rewarding relationships proposes Innovations and enables others to provide exceptional client service.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders. Including external attorneys, and internal business units to ensure the business is in the position to obtain expert opinion on specialist areas of law
- Maintenance of expert knowledge on relevant legislative amendments. Industry best practices and provision of proactive advice and solutions to relevant stakeholders.
- Research and provide a legal opinion on a variety of Issues and new business projects within the business to proactively identify, assess and manage legal risk.
- Translate strategies into actionable goals and execute relevant projects /initiatives aligned to strategic objectives with specific performance measures and control systems to track progress
- Comply with governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements
- Compile and monitor implementation of legal policies and procedures, aligned to Bank policies and procedures, in order to ensure compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate Business Unit and Legal Department relationship.
- Draft and review legal agreements and other legal documentation to adequately manage legal risks
- Management of litigation beyond against the Bank
- Monitor the relevance of legal documentation to ensure consistency across business
- Ensure all the Bank’s legal agreements are In place and are managed accordingly
- Benchmark current practices against the legal risk management framework and adjust practices as and when necessary
- Identify and communicate current and anticipated legal risks to relevant risk committees.
Qualifications and experience:
- LLB or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of 8 years’related experience
- A broad understanding of all the banking Industry, in-depth knowledge and understanding of legal risk management
Compliments of the New Year to all Jobs Botswana Subscribers. Get your CV and Cover letter done for P100.
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238 or EWallet to 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76981238. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
- Tolerance for ambiguity
- influencing and impact
- Emotional intelligence
- Business insight and risk awareness
- Organisational awareness
- Complex problem solving
- Building strategic relationships
- Judgement and decision making
- Executive disposition
Interested applicants are requested to log onto https://insurance.jobsbotswana.info/M1Wno and upload their Curriculum Vitae’s (CV’s) no later than 18th December 2019.