Bummhi is a citizen led and governed non – governmental organization providing health systems strengthening services to the Ministry of Health and Wellness (MOHW). BUMMHI is an implementing partner of the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), through which it provides PEPFAR – funded HIV care and treatment technical assistance to MOHW.
Bummhi is advertising positions for multi-disciplinary teams that will work towards strengthening the HIV care and treatment cascade. These teams will contribute to the attainment of UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals for the achievement HIV epidemic control in Botswana and be deployed in the following districts: Gaborone, Goodhope, Moshupa, Kanye, South East, Kweneng East, Kgatleng, Mahalapye, Palapye, Serowe, Francistown, and Tutume.
Position Title: Laboratory Technical Advisor (2 positions)
Reports to: Senior Laboratory Technical Advisor
The lab technical advisor will ensure the implementation of best practices in sample collection, analysis, storage, validation, return of results and analysis of trends in results, in alignment with donor and country policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Design and lead project initiatives and provide technical assistance to increase utilization and delivery of high-quality laboratory services
- Design and lead project initiatives to scale-up recency and viral load testing services
- Develop and/or update HIV laboratory strategies, guidelines, in-service training approaches/curricula, standard-operating procedures, and job aids as needed
- Provide technical assistance in HIV laboratory services at national, district and communal level
- Provide technical assistance to laboratories towards accreditation based on international laboratory standards
- Support and strengthen an effective specimen transportation system and ensure its scalability including coordination
- Support further expansion and coordination of point of care testing
- Participate in the development of laboratory plans and oversee the development and successful implementation of annual work plans
- Support monitoring and evaluation planning to answer key lab questions including contributing to the development and tracking of indicators
- Explore opportunities for quality improvement in laboratory-based diagnostic networks
- Implement a dialogue to address key laboratory issues at district level
- BSc/MSc in Medical Laboratory Sciences, epidemiology or microbiology; or MPH
- At least 7 years’ experience in implementing Laboratory programs
- At least 3 years’ experience in HIV Laboratory programs
- JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
i. All applications should be submitted electronically to [email protected] indicating the position applied for on the subject line.
ii. Applications should include 2 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone number(s) and email address.
iii. All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications, and experiences.
iv. Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job.
v. Job related qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
vi. All applicants should include daytime phone number contact information
vii. Deadline for application is Friday, September 25th, 2020, 13:00 Hours, Botswana Time. Applications will be considered on rolling basis until the position is filled.
viii. Bummhi is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other personal status.
ix. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.