VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 1 OF 2020
VACANCY: MANAGER – NON-COMMUNICABLE DISEASES
Applications are invited from highly talented, proactive, innovative well experienced and self-driven citizens of Botswana for the vacant position of Manager, Non-communicable Diseases tenable at National AIDS and Health Promotion Agency – MOPAGPA in Gaborone.
Salary Scale: E2 (P373,152 – P388,236) per annum
Leave: 30 working days per annum
Benefits: I) Optional contributory medical aid scheme with Botswana Public Officer’s Medical Aid Scheme
(BPOMAS) – Government pays 50% and employee pays 50%.
ii) Contributory Pension Scheme (Government pays 15% and Employee 5%)
Qualifications: To be considered for appointment applicants must have at least Bachelor’s degree in Health Promotion, Health Education, Public Health or equivalent qualification in Health Sciences.
Experience: Applicants should have a minimum of fourteen (14) years’ work experience or at least two years on D1 salary scale or equivalent in the relevant field.
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide strategic leadership in the prevention and control of non-communicable diseases through national advocacy and communication of the non-communicable diseases response.
• Guides the design and implementation of NCDs prevention programmes
• Coordinates national communication and information dissemination strategies and programmes.
• Coordinates public education including social marketing and community mobilization to facilitate the prevention of NCDs
• Coordinates Stakeholders and Partners on National, Regional and International matters related to NCDs’ prevention and control.
• Coordinates national policy formulation and implementation for NCDs’
• Coordinates the planning, monitoring and evaluation of NCDs prevention and control programmes nationally
• Provides guidance on NCDs needs assessment and identifies areas of research and recommends to the relevant office.
• Compiles quarterly and annual reports on the NCDs operational activities.
1. Analytical and strategic thinking
2. Team work and partnering
3. Planning and Execution
4. Innovating and Driving change
5. Delivering Quality Service
6. Communicating effectively
7. Deciding and Initiating change
8. Supervision and Accountability
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
1. Applicants should quote the reference number and the vacancy circular number and give the following details:
a) Full name and address
b) Brief summary of career with duties performed (Curriculum Vitae) including the date of first appointment, present post of appointment thereto and present salary scale.
c) Certified copies of academic certificates and certified copy of Omang
d) Two (2) recent work related references (Not more than 6 months)
2. All applications for Serving Officers should be routed through their Head of Department.
Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Applications should be addressed to:
National AIDS and Health Promotion Agency
Private Bag 00463
Hand Deliver to
Records Management Unit (NAHPA)
Unit 9, West Gate Mall
Closing Date: 08 June 2020
For further information, contact:
Human Resource Management Unit