John Mackenzie School, the oldest Independent school In Botswana, is also a leading school and Is well respected JMS has a pupil enrolment close on 700 pupils, ranging from Pre-Primary to Secondary students. With small class sizes and state of the art facilities. JMS has long been a natural choice for aspiring students, especially those talented in the arts, a field in which JMS is renowned.
JMS is seeking a teacher for its Music Department This is a full-time position commencing January 2020, or alternatively May 2020 depending on availability.
- Teach to the music syllabuses (age 5-13 to cater to students with different learning styles).
- Teach highly motivated students and help them achieve and continue to develop their musical talents and skills.
- Lead an ensemble, wind/brass. string, choir and band.
- Organise music events, such as Ensemble Performances. School Plays. Carol Service and community projects.
- Prize Giving events at both Primary and High School level.
- Stay abreast of modern teaching practices.
- Use a variety of assessment tools and tasks to accurately assess levels of student competency.
- Attend and conduct relevant professional development sessions.
You will need:
- Minimum 5 years of experience of teaching with a Bachelor of Education/ Teaching in music or performing arts.
- Sound knowledge and technical skill in a variety of musical instruments
- High expectations for the learning and achievements of students
- Professional presentation.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- An engaging personality and an ability to deal with students from a wide range of backgrounds.
- A desire to live and work in Francistown.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
If you are a qualified and passionate teacher looking to share your love of music with students who are eager to learn, send your resume through to us today
For further information and application details, please email email@example.com
Only teachers with the necessary qualification and experience should apply
Teachers who are required for an interview will be contacted.
Applications, including CV. copies of qualifications, transcripts, names and contact details of three referees are to be emailed before 2nd October 2019.
Primary School: (+267)2412326. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org