PART -TIME-6 MONTHS
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 20 of 2019
PRINCIPAL RESEARCH OFFICER I
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above position in the Ministry of Health & Wellness, Department Health Policy Research & Development, tenable at the Ministry of Health & Wellness, Headquarters.
Compliments of the New Year to all Jobs Botswana Subscribers.
Get your CV and Cover letter done for P100.
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238 or EWallet to 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76981238. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
SALARY: D2 (P271, 020 – P299, 232 per annum)
BENEFITS: (a) Optional contributory Medical Aid
Scheme (Government pays 50% Employee 50%) (b) Contributory Pension (Government contributes 15% and employee 5%)
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences majoring in Statistics & Economics or Statistics & Demography, Bachelor degree in Public Health or any related field.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of ten (10) years ‘post qualification work experience in a related field of which three (3) years should be in a Research Implementation/ Coordination Environment.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB: to coordinate all the research work and provide professional and managerial guidance to heads of at least two sub- units. Also initiates and guides individual research projects of junior research officers.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
1. Initiates and guides individual research projects of junior research officers.
2. Receives and screens research applications by category (Minimal risk, Greater than minimum & High risk) and allocates reviewers (Board reviewers)
3. Schedule Board Meetings.
4. Appraises and recommends undergraduate & masters student’s proposals.
5. Trains and develops researchers.
6. Conducts research and produces research reports for publication.
7. Monitor utilization of research resources.
8. Advises research officers under him/her on the applicability and efficiency of particular research methods on subject matter fields.
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Problem Solving
• Directing Others
• Building Effective Teams
• Drive For Results
• Presentation Skills
• Time Management
• Ethics & Value
• Intellectual Horsepower
• Timely Decision Making
• Managing And Measuring Work
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Applications should be addressed to: -
MINISTRY OF HEALTH & WELLNESS
Hand delivered to:
Ministry of Health and Wellness Headquarters
IMPORTANT: All applications from serving Public Officers must be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be responded to.
Closing date: 20 September 2019, 1630hours. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
For further information contact: Human Resource Management Unit on