Bummhi is a citizen led and governed non – governmental organization providing health systems strengthening services to the Ministry of Health and Wellness (MOHW). BUMMHI is an implementing partner of the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), through which it provides PEPFAR – funded HIV care and treatment technical assistance to MOHW.
Bummhi is advertising positions for multi-disciplinary teams that will work towards strengthening the HIV care and treatment cascade. These teams will contribute to the attainment of UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals for the achievement HIV epidemic control in Botswana and be deployed in the following districts: Gaborone, Goodhope, Moshupa, Kanye, South East, Kweneng East, Kgatleng, Mahalapye, Palapye, Serowe, Francistown, and Tutume.
Position Title: Regional Laboratory Specialist (8 positions)
Reports to: Laboratory Technical Advisor
The regional laboratory specialist will be responsible for the continuous improvement and maintenance of laboratory quality management systems as per international standards. The specialist will work in collaboration with District Health Management Teams by facilitating monthly meetings with key stakeholders to ensure that program targets are achieved, including submission of timely monthly reports. This position shall support uptake of national laboratory standards for implementation of a sustainable Quality Management Systems (QMS) and timely provision of quality HIV and TB related testing. In addition, the regional laboratory specialist will ensure the establishment of an efficient sample referral network within the assigned districts.
Essential Job Functions
- Facilitate uptake and implementation of national laboratory policies, standards, and guidelines
- Facilitate international standards accreditation and maintenance for designated laboratories in assigned districts
- Support optimal utilization of QMS data in improving coverage, efficiency, and performance in the provision of quality HIV and TB diagnostic services
- Support strategies including advocacy, partnerships, and budget allocations in county annual plans to sustain laboratory quality management systems
- Support mainstreaming of Rapid Test Kits quality assurance initiatives
- Represent the program at relevant district meetings
- Strengthen laboratory clinical initiatives at all levels by leveraging on support of implementing partners and other stakeholders
- Support laboratory proficiency testing
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory sciences, Biomedical Sciences, or other relevant fields
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in design and implementation of laboratory Quality Management Systems in reputable laboratories.
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of quality management systems
- JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
i. All applications should be submitted electronically to [email protected] indicating the position applied for on the subject line.
ii. Applications should include 2 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone number(s) and email address.
iii. All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications, and experiences.
iv. Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job.
v. Job related qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
vi. All applicants should include daytime phone number contact information
vii. Deadline for application is Friday, September 25th, 2020, 13:00 Hours, Botswana Time. Applications will be considered on rolling basis until the position is filled.
viii. Bummhi is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other personal status.
ix. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.