Tshukudu Metals Botswana (Pty) Ltd, (TMB) is a Botswana registered Company and an emerging copper producer operating from Ghanzi, the Kalahari Copper Belt. TMB is targeting development of its Motheo Copper mine in 2021 and 2022, with its first production in 2023.
TMB invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position indicated below:
- RIGGER – Tenable in Ghanzi (2 Year Fixed Term Contract)
Reporting to the Projects Engineer, this position is responsible for carrying out safe lifting and movement of loads and plant machinery, and inspecting and servicing lifting equipment throughout the site.
Key Performance Areas
- Installs appropriate and safe rigging equipment to suit particular needs of the users, taking into account weight of load to be lifted, position, distance etc, applying acquired knowledge and skills
- Carries out routine maintenance of equipment such as removing and replacing components, following laid down procedures for the work at hand
- Carries out repairs of all forms of rigging equipment, applying acquired knowledge and skills, and following laid down procedures
- Inspects rigging plant machinery e.g., crane ropes, sheaves and various components for wear and tear, corrosion, damage etc, and records and reports faulty machinery to coordinator
- Checks and tests all tools and equipment to be used to ascertain proper function and serviceability, and colour codes for compliance, maintaining appropriate records, and submits to Supervisor for signing off
- Isolates equipment being worked upon, ensuring that no hazards in immediate vicinity or working areas, obtaining permit of work and Isolation Permits, and locks out machinery following laid down procedures
- Knowledge of lifting/rigging equipment
- Application of rigging knowledge during maintenance
- Values driven
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively as part of a team.
Qualifications and Experience
National Craft Certificate in Rigging.
3 years post apprenticeship training with practical experience under guidance of a qualified Rigger – including inspections of equipment.
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Should you be interested and meet the minimum requirements, please send your CV, certified copies of certificates and references to: -
Human Resources Manager
Tshukudu Metals Botswana (Pty) Ltd
Email to: [email protected]
Closing Date; 17th January 2021
WE ONLY RESPOND TO THOSE SHORTLISTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Botswana