MINISTRY OF BASIC EDUCATION (KGALAGADI REGION)
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 8 OF 2019
Vacancy No: 060400116.1.2
Ref: KGR 4/8/1 IV (23) Date: 19th September 2019
VACANCY: Senior Typist/Shorthand Typist
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Senior Typist/Shorthand Typist, tenable in the Ministry of Basic Education-Kgalagadi Region.
C4/3 (P80172.00-P95760.00 per annum and P99348.00 –P118716.00)
25 Working Days Per Annum
I. Optional medical aid scheme with the Botswana Public Officers Medical Aid Scheme (BPOMAS – Government pays 50% and employee pays 50%)
II. Contributory pension scheme (Government contributes 15% and employee contributes
National Diploma/Higher National Diploma in Secretarial Studies or equivalent. Officers who hold National Certificate in Secretarial Studies and completed at least 2 years satisfactory service at Typist I (B2/1).
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To type, take shorthand dictation, transcribes from audio dictating machines and word processes letters, reports, documents and technical papers, mans the reception desks, receives and directs telephone calls to appropriate officers, receives incoming and outgoing mail. The Senior Typist shall be the secretary of the institution assigned to.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Time Management
• Drive for Results
• Customer Focus
• Integrity and Trust
• Team player
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Oversees the work of junior staff and provides on the job training
• Types letters, minutes, reports, notes from manuscripts or other forms of copies and files copies.
Produces copies from original scripts;
• Checks their work for correctness and proper layout.
• Keeps up to date with Public Service procedures and practice regarding the use of abbreviations, correction of first draft, and in addressing of official correctness.
• Takes shorthand dictation.
• Any other related duties needed to meet the exigencies of the job.
Applicants should quote the reference and vacancy circular number and provide the following:
• Detailed and updated Curriculum Vitae
• Certified copy of the National Identity Card
• Certified true copies of Certificates (academic and professional)
• Certified copies of driver’s licence
• Two (2) recent work related references (not more than 6 months old)
Serving Public Officers should indicate:
• Date of first appointment
• Present position and appointment thereto
JOB APPLICATION DETAILS
Any other post which falls vacant during the processing of this advertisement will be filled through the same advert.
All applications from serving public officers should be routed through their Heads of Institutions. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Applicants who do not meet minimum requirements stipulated above will not be responded to.
Applications should be address to
Acting Director-Kgalagadi Region
Ministry of Basic Education
P O Box 288
4th October 2019
For further information contact: Mrs Goitsemodimo Legotse and/or Mr Petrus Bezuidenhout
Source: Ministry of Basic Education, Botswana fb page