Our client in the mining industry is seeking suitably qualified citizen candidate, who is highly adaptable and resilient for the System Administration position.
The incumbent will be responsible for the overall Information Technology (IT) functions
Key Performance Areas:
• Responsible for the overall health and stability of the IT environment.
• Manage and monitor the development, maintenance, support, and upgrade of all IT and security systems, hardware, networks, telephones, and peripherals through internal staff and outsourced IT contractors.
• Develop and regularly align the IT strategy and/or plan to the needs of the Company.
• Project manage the implementation and integration of planned and future IT projects and initiatives.
• Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, all system/application/network configuration, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
• Manage all financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
• Develop, implement, and regularly review all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, development and change management, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Systems or equivalent.
• A sound understanding of networking, Microsoft Windows Server, and virtualization (professional certifications would be an added advantage), Microsoft certification
• Project management experience (professional certification would be an added advantage).
• At least eight years’ post qualification experience, three of which should have been at managerial level.
• Experience with procurement and management of ICT vendors.